The Ultimate Guys Trip to Destin and 30A
August 17, 2022
Destin is a great place to visit for a guy’s trip. There’s plenty to see and do, and the beaches are perfect for a relaxing day in the sun. If you’re looking for a fun adventure, we’re here to help! Here are our picks for hanging out around the Destin and 30A areas for a few days with your best buds.
Go Deep Sea Fishing
Known as the “World’s Luckiest Fishing Village,” Destin is famous for its deep sea fishing trips and is a perfect way to break up your Destin Guys beach trip with an activity that keeps you on the water.
But don’t take our word for it! According to TakeMeFishing.org, “The reason for Destin’s popularity is its proximity to the famed 100-fathom curve — an area along the shallow Gulf of Mexico coastline that dramatically drops off to a depth of about 600 feet – located a mere 10 miles out from the dock in Destin. Deep sea anglers who have made the trip often report enjoying some of the best fishing in the state.”
The Destin Harbor is home to a fishing fleet consisting of over 40 charter boats, many with award-winning captains. When it comes to choosing the best fishing experience—whether a private excursion or part of a larger group experience—we recommend calling a few local fishing charter companies to get pricing information and ask them what to expect. Each charter company offers unique experiences that can be catered to any group size or fishing proficiency.
Explore the Destin Harbor
The Destin Harbor is home to dozens of restaurants with great menus and even better views. Located off of Highway 98 and directly overlooking Norriego Point and the Gulf of Mexico, the Destin Harbor is a can’t-miss stop on your guy’s trip itinerary. With restaurants and bars open all day and most of the night, it’s easy to spend hours on the Harbor.
Key things to do:
- Buy a grab-and-go cocktail and walk the Harbor from one end to the other to get a feel for all it has to offer.
- Rent paddle boards and paddle from the boardwalk across the harbor to Norriego Point.
- Eat fresh oysters and a bowl of gumbo at The Boathouse.
- Hop on a dolphin cruise (trust us!)
- Stop by Dewey Destin’s for a bite to eat. Fun fact: The Destin family and Destin, Florida, have been intertwined since Dewey’s great, great grandfather, Leonard Destin, founded the town in 1835.
If you visit Destin during October, take in the Destin Fishing Rodeo directly behind AJ’s Destin.
Play a Round of Golf (or Three)
Destin and 30A are home to some of Florida’s best golf courses, many of which are semi-private or public and offer incredible, breezy views of the Choctawhatchee Bay. Check out our list of Destin golf courses from West to East.
Hang Out on the Water
No guys’ beach trip would be complete without a day on the water; we’re talking stand up paddle boards, kayaks, boats, jet skis, and everything in between. Here are some of our favorite watersport rental companies:
- Wet-N-Wild Watersports – The most popular site for jet ski rentals, Wet-N-Wild also offers parasailing, pontoon rentals, and even dolphin tours.
- Xtreme H20 – Give their Thursday night Fireworks cruise a go after a full day of beach fun.
- Rideit E-Bikes and Paddleboards – Need a lift for both street and sea? Head to Rideit and rent a fleet of e-bikes to help get around, or cut away from the crowds with paddleboards instead.
Adventure 30A – The 2022 South Walton Platinum Award Winner – Best Outdoor Adventure Company! They have got you covered with paddle boards, kayaks, and even a tour if your group is up for it!
Check Out the Bars and Nightlife
Head to one of Destin’s many bars and enjoy a cold one after a long day of beachcombing and golfing. From sports bars to live music venues, there’s something for everyone.
Top areas to bar and restaurant hop in Destin and 30A:
- The Destin Harbor – you can’t go wrong with a night out on the Destin Harbor, with dozens of bars and restaurants to choose from.
- Baytowne at Sandestin – If you’re coming off of one of Sandestin’s acclaimed golf courses, your next step is to head to Baytowne Wharf for a night out with the guys.
- Grayton Beach – home to The Red Bar, Grayton Beach is the hub for a low-key night out on 30A.
- Rosemary Beach – Located on the East end of 30A, Rosemary Beach is the perfect spot for high-end restaurants and stunning architecture.
Looking for something unique? Check out our local breweries and taprooms.
- Destin Brewery
- Grayton Beer Company
- Idyll Hounds Brewing Company Taproom
- Props Brewery
- Beach & Brew on 30A
Plus, check out our list of Where and When to Catch Live Music in Northwest Florida.
Explore the Great Outdoors
Destin and 30A are known for their pristine beaches and natural beauty, with more to be explored in the area’s state parks and nature preserves. Walking and mountain biking trails are sprinkled throughout the area, offering an often overlooked and unique experience for your next guy’s trip to Destin or 30A. Here are some of our favorite outdoor respites in Northwest Florida.
- Henderson Beach State Park
- Topsail Hill Preserve State Park
- Grayton Beach State Park
- Eden Garden State Park
- Deer Lake State Park
As you can see, a guy’s trip to Destin and 30A can be action-packed, low-key, or a healthy mix. There’s no better place to escape the day-to-day than Northwest Florida’s beautiful beaches and the unique experiences offered throughout the area. Book your Destin and 30A guys trip today.
Sign Up for Vacation Deals
- May 2023 (2)
- March 2023 (2)
- February 2023 (1)
- January 2023 (1)
- November 2022 (4)
- October 2022 (2)
- September 2022 (5)
- August 2022 (2)
- July 2022 (4)
- June 2022 (2)
- May 2022 (2)
- April 2022 (8)
- March 2022 (1)
- February 2022 (2)
- January 2022 (3)
- December 2021 (1)
- November 2021 (2)
- September 2021 (3)
- August 2021 (2)
- July 2021 (3)
- June 2021 (4)
- May 2021 (4)
30A Destin fort walton beach High Pointe holiday isle navarre panama city beach Seacrest Beach Seagrove Beach SunDestin Travel Guides WaterColor Watersound