Destination: Navarre Beach, Florida
Offering solitude and endless natural beauty, Navarre Beach, Florida, is the perfect choice for a calm and relaxing beach vacation. From fresh seafood at restaurants where you dine with the locals to endless views of the Santa Rosa Sound and the Gulf of Mexico, Navarre Beach has something for everyone.
Escape to “Florida’s Most Relaxing Place” and enjoy uncrowded beaches, a drive across part of the Gulf Island National Seashore, and so much more. Once you see this piece of paradise for yourself, you’ll never vacation anywhere else.
Where is Navarre Beach?
Nestled between the beaches of Pensacola Beach, and Fort Walton Beach in the Florida panhandle, Navarre Beach is a quiet 12-mile stretch of the Gulf Coast with endless beauty. Driving to Navarre Beach is a breeze; take Interstate 10 and exit onto Highway 87 to drive straight to the beach. Flying in instead? Pensacola International Airport offers direct flights from 15+ cities across seven airlines, and Destin-Fort Walton Beach Airport (VPS) is also nearby.
Things to do in Navarre Beach
While Navarre Beach is known for its peaceful shoreline and laid back atmosphere, the beach is far from the only activity you can plan for your Navarre Beach vacation. Here’s an easy-to-reference guide to some of our favorite things to do in Navarre Beach.
Water Activities in Navarre Beach
There’s no shortage of things to do on the water in Navarre Beach. Rent a double-decker pontoon boat, wave runners, and more at Navarre Family Watersports. They also offer dolphin excursions and a floating inflatable waterpark with trampolines, slides, and exciting obstacle courses. Hop on a charter with Navarre Beach Inshore Charters– they specialize in catching trout and redfish. For an activity for everyone to enjoy, grab snorkels and goggles and head to the Navarre Beach Marine Sanctuary. They have three snorkel reef sites, one in the Gulf and two in the sound. All reefs are bursting with marine life and are a sight to see.
Family-Friendly Activities in Navarre Beach
A unique attraction in Navarre can be found at The Navarre Beach Sea Turtle Conservation Center (NBSTCC). It’s a conservation and education center whose mission is to conserve and protect threatened and endangered sea turtles through community education and partnered research. Meet Sweet Pea, a non-releasable green sea turtle, and Ambassador-in-residence of the NBSTCC. Enroll in shark school to learn more about a commonly misunderstood animal, plus you’ll get a shark tooth treasure hunt while you’re there.
Catch your dinner off the Navarre Beach Fishing Pier- it’s the longest on the Gulf of Mexico at 1,545 feet long. Rent a reel at the bait and tackle shop and try your hand at snagging a pompano, flounder, or cobia. Even just strolling along the pier gives you great views of the entire Navarre Beach area and expansive views of the Gulf of Mexico.
Head to the neighboring town of Gulf Breeze to see the animals at the Gulf Breeze Zoo. Encompassing 50 acres, it’s home to more than 800 animals. Experience them all by walking along the boardwalks and paths or taking a ride on the safari line train. You’ll see giraffes, rhinos, orangutans, and more. If you’re planning a visit during the holidays, the Christmas lights can’t be missed. See thousands of lights and displays and interact with “animal ambassadors” such as goats, sheep, and pigs, who are awake and avidly greeting guests.
Where to Eat in Navarre Beach
Enjoy a wide variety of food in Navarre Beach. It’s no surprise there are tons of great seafood options, but there are also many more options to choose from. Try Cali-Mex, Japanese cuisine, or barbeque. You can’t go wrong with any spot, but we’ve selected a few favorites:
- Juana’s Pagodas and Sailors’ Grill: A waterfront hangout offering casual eats for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- The Slippery Mermaid Sushi Bar: Creative, sushi-centric menu in a quaint house and a screened porch with view of the sound.
- Dewey Destin’s Navarre: A fast-casual dining restaurant where you order at a window. Enjoy fresh seafood and a full bar while relaxing on the beach of the Santa Rosa Sound.
- Shark Bite: A waterfront food truck serving breakfast and lunch. Stop here for a quick bite before heading to the beach.
- Cactus Flower Cafe: California-style Mexican food made from scratch daily. Open for lunch and dinner every day except Sunday.
- TC’s Front Porch: Seafood and pub grub served in a funky, open-air cafe with a laid-back vibe.
- Buh’s BBQ: Combining Texas and Tennessee barbeque, have meat smoked low and slow, creating mouthwatering pork, chicken and beef.
Navarre Beach Events
While Navarre Beach isn’t a big area, there are still plenty of annual events to enjoy. Plus, Pensacola Beach is just west of the town and has even more festivities to see.
- Mardi Gras Parade: The Emerald Coast celebrates Mardi Gras to the full extent and Navarre Beach is no exception. The Krewe of Jesters always hosts an exciting parade.
- Tunes by the Dunes: This annual summer concert series highlights a variety of local musicians from many genres.
- Polar Bear Plunge: If you’re celebrating the new year in Navarre, head to Paradise Bar and Grill in Pensacola Beach to join the tradition of running into the Santa Rosa Sound to kick off the year.
- Taste of the Beach: One of Pensacola Bay area’s most beloved annual fall food festivals, featuring signature dishes made by more than a dozen Pensacola Beach restaurants
- Blue Angels Airshow: Every July and November, see a show by the US Navy Blue Angels. The roar of the engines, the streamers of smoke, every formation in perfect symmetry- it’ll be an event you’ll never forget.
Navarre Beach Weather
Just like the rest of the Emerald Coast, Navarre has bright summers and mild winters. Average temperatures in the summer months are in the high 80s. In the colder months of January and February, expect average temperatures in the 50’s. Splash around in the waters of The Gulf of Mexico year-round (although it does feel much colder in the winter!)
Whether you plan your Navarre Beach vacation for January or July, you’ll always be welcomed with warm hospitality and gorgeous sugar-white sand.