Where to Watch Football in Destin and 30A
September 25, 2023
If you think football is life, we get you. There’s nothing we enjoy more than heading to the stadium, tailgating with our fellow game-day fanatics, and cheering on our favorite football team as they battle it out on the gridiron. Even if you’re not a die-hard football fan, it’s easy to get lost in the camaraderie that a fierce football rivalry brings to the game-day experience. But when your team’s on the road and you’re enjoying a long weekend at the beach, you won’t have to look far to find fellow football enthusiasts, catch the game on TV, and even pick up some game-day gear to show your support!
Watch Football in Destin
With eight TVs inside and a jumbotron outside, Marina Bar and Grill at Sandestin offers the a perfect place to watch the kick-off. Enjoy college and NFL games out on the deck, grab a cold brew, and eat your football-loving heart out on jumbo hot dogs, stuffed jalapeno poppers, buffalo chicken dip, and soft pretzels while taking in views of the bayou.
Choose from over 35 beers on tap at Miller’s Ale House, then browse the menu for your favorite gridiron grub. We’re talking mounds of nachos, quesadillas, cheese fries, and mouthwatering burgers so big they’ll see you through to half-time. They’ve also got a nice menu for the kids, and with TVs scattered throughout, you’ll have no problem catching your favorite team. O’Quigley’s Seafood Steamer and Oyster Sports Bar is clearly the place to be on game day, with a wide selection of local and imported beers, a game room with pool tables and video games, and a diverse menu with everything from gumbo and sliders to snow crab legs and steaks.
Catch the Game on the Destin Harbor
The Boardwalk at the Destin Harbor is another great place to cheer your team on, with several places to grab a bite and take in the views. If you want to watch football on the Destin Harbor, here are a few places to check out!
With fresh seafood and a family-friendly atmosphere, Harry T’s is renowned for a great time and some of the best views of the harbor. Get there early for a special brunch menu, with crab cake benedicts and Bushwhacker flavored french toast a few notable mentions. Boshamp’s Seafood and Oyster House offers a relaxed environment, gorgeous views, and several flat screens for your football viewing pleasure. Order some blue crab claws and smoked tuna dip, and get ready to do your touchdown dance!
AJ’s Seafood and Oyster House offers your favorite brews by the pint or pitcher and some of the coldest oysters in town, or you can kick off the day with a dockside breakfast at Tailfin’s Waterfront Grill. After the game, treat the kids to a tour of Crab Island on a tiki boat!
Watch Football on 30A
Known for pristine beaches and a laid-back vibe, 30A draws visitors to this scenic stretch of coastal paradise year-round. Come football season, you’ll find plenty of places to huddle up with your crew and watch football on 30A.
- The Big Chill – With expansive open greens for the kids to play, shops for those who might not be as into the game, and food trucks galore, everyone will have a stand-up time at this local gathering spot in Watersound. Grab some tacos, relax in a chair on the lawn, and catch the game on the big screen outside.
- Bud and Alley’s – Seaside’s walkable community boasts breathtaking beaches, quaint shops, and popular outdoor eateries, perfect for catching an afternoon of college football. Catch the game on the flat screens, order some tuna dip, and enjoy the camaraderie as gentle breezes drift into this delightful beachside cafe.
- Local Catch – Serving everything from pork tacos and po’ boys to burgers and seafood platters, this local favorite in Blue Mountain Beach also offers specialty drinks. Try a Bushwhacker or a 4-mile margarita, kick back, and enjoy America’s favorite sport, Southern style.
- Old Florida Fish House – Although not traditional game day fare, the sushi and oyster bar make it an experience you won’t soon forget. The food might bring you in, the game might make you stick around, but the views will make you linger long after the game at this family-owned restaurant in Blue Mountain Beach.
- Shades Bar & Grill – Try the mahi tacos, Nashville hot wings, or BBQ chicken flatbread before settling in for the afternoon in this Inlet Beach cafe. Fresh ingredients, a friendly staff, and a relaxed environment make this a great place to watch your favorite teams go at it, and with more than 25 TVs, you’ll quickly lose yourself in game-day bliss.
- The Great Southern Cafe – Find traditional tailgate temptations like buffalo chicken wings and burgers served alongside unconventional fare, including crisp frog legs and black-eyed pea hummus, all equally delicious. Get to this Santa Rosa Beach hangout early to watch football on 30A, as space is limited, but we think it’s worth the trip.
- Beach Camp Brewing Company – Serving weekend brunch, everyday eats, and wing specials during Monday night football, you’ll have no problem settling into this Grayton Beach hangout. If you miss them on 30A, check out their Destin harbor location!
Relax in Your Vacation Rental
Of course, there’s nothing better than watching your beloved team on an oversized couch with all your favorite snacks nearby. Our Destin and 30A vacation homes and condos offer that and more, including beautifully appointed kitchens, spacious living areas, and lots of little extras to make your game day as enjoyable as possible.
Why not book a home with a private pool or stay at a beach resort? While you’re watching the first half and icing down the cooler, the rest of the family can enjoy all the amenities. Come halftime, throw some burgers on the grill, and toss the pigskin around on the beach before heading inside to catch the second half!
And if you forgot your favorite jersey, no problem! Pick up your favorite college team T-shirts at Hibbett’s or head to the Locker Room or Lids at Silver Sands Premium Outlets for college and NFL jerseys and hats. You won’t find any Gator Gear (or any other college team gear, for that matter) at Dick’s in Destin, but if you’re a Seminole fan, consider it your one-stop shop!
Sign Up for Vacation Deals
- November 2023 (5)
- October 2023 (2)
- September 2023 (4)
- August 2023 (5)
- July 2023 (5)
- June 2023 (1)
- May 2023 (2)
- March 2023 (2)
- February 2023 (1)
- January 2023 (1)
- November 2022 (4)
- October 2022 (2)
- September 2022 (5)
- August 2022 (2)
- July 2022 (4)
- June 2022 (2)
- May 2022 (2)
- April 2022 (8)
- March 2022 (1)
- February 2022 (2)
- January 2022 (3)
- December 2021 (1)
- November 2021 (2)
- September 2021 (3)
- August 2021 (1)
- July 2021 (2)
- June 2021 (3)
- May 2021 (4)